Great people build great companies. Not just management and owners, but everyone employed by a company contributes to making it what it is. We attract the very best people in the technology industry, and that’s why Quorum has grown, found success and become a great company to work for so quickly.
Every person at Quorum is totally focused on making the company’s XSᴇʟʟᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ™ software the very best in the industry – and they’re succeeding.
Every person in the company is passionate about giving automotive dealerships the very best business processes possible — and they’re succeeding.
Most of our sales are the direct result of happy customers bringing in new customers, and that pretty much says it all.
If you like an exciting, fast-paced environment, and want to be part of a company that is bringing an entirely new way of doing business to automotive dealerships, this is where you belong.
Automotive Software Trainer (Accounting)
Quorum is searching for an Automotive Software Trainer (Accounting) to join our XSᴇʟʟᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ division. The function of the role is to provide new clients with hands-on training during our implementation process as well as deliver services related to Quorum’s XSᴇʟʟᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ software. You will be part of a team that is responsible for providing and testing customer set-up, conducting training sessions and investigating customer concerns through proactive customer management and “best practice” methods.
The delivery team is comprised of individuals whose combined experience will be in parts, sales, service and accounting. You will be required to travel extensively to client sites throughout Canada and the United States, typically spending 65% of the work time visiting clients.
• Requires minimum 3 years recent automotive dealership experience in an Accounting related position.
• Able to communicate effectively with dealership staff and management at all levels
• Able to work positively in a team environment that is project based.
• Able to analyze, understand and communicate customer business processes
• Strong customer service skills
• Computer literate with specific competence in a Microsoft Windows environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
• Superb analytical and problem solving skills
• Solid verbal and written communication and organizational skills
• Results and detail oriented
• Excellent time management skills
• Experience implementing new DMS systems an asset
• Change management experience an asset
• Post secondary degree or college equivalent certification, or equivalent experience an asset.
• Training and/or teaching experience an asset
• Project management experience an asset
This is a full time salaried position with an excellent benefit plan. To apply for this position, please e-mail your resume, covering letter and salary expectations to hr@Quorumdms.com. Your e-mail must have “Automotive Software Trainer, Accounting” in the subject line.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to HR@QuorumDMS.com.
Please note the job title and location clearly on application or subject line of the email. Only applicants who meet our requirements will be contacted.
By submitting my personal information on my resume to Quorum through this website, I am consenting to:
The collection, use and disclosure of that information for the purposes of assessing my suitability for specific positions or future opportunities at Quorum;
Quorum contacting any references that I have provided on my resume or that I may otherwise provide to Quorum;
Having a copy of my resume placed on my employee file if I accept employment with Quorum, and the use of this information for the purposes of managing my employment relationship.
To select ideal candidates, Quorum uses a multi-faceted screening process involving a combination of some or all of the following methods: phone interviews, compatibility profile tools, in-person interviews by HR and line managers.
Quorum is an equal opportunity employer.
It is Quorum’s policy to take affirmative action to ensure that no discrimination occurs in its employment processes, in its promotions from within, or in any phase of its training and development.